Friday, June 30, 2017

I warn you I am thinking .....

theodoracleave.com

A friend ( architect ) this morning asked where I developed my creating style from......

My style...? 
It is a flip in the brain to pare down to simplify a shape.... 
It has the basic form ie true to life ( well under it all it has..) then to draw like this it is niave, childlike.  
My father made up stories of his day in the bush & around town when each of us was small, Khaki the goanna took us to many of his observations....
I would draw in the soft dirt & make houses & streets as a pre school child as many do.....I was constantly weaving a story....
Later as things got a bit hairy at my house I would escape into this world.....
Dreams can be very powerful in an angry place one has no means to move from..... 

Each of us & many of my friends tell me the same that we developed a heightened sensitivity to keeping safe... we used our senses early.... observing body language, a voice tone, a smell of anger ? & if we learnt that well, we could exit while it was still safe, because when it happened we were told to STAY.  Observing in a war zone inside one room when you are small is horrible....but what skills I took from that time....as do many others who found their way into a hostile world.

I observe all the time, so somewhere in the depths of me you see out front LOL 
I draw basically only once & pen it to then send for cutting & I paint....or it is stitched or laid out for others with different skills to work with....

In a sense I am giving back in the form of happy spaces, love & for everyone who touches my work to be somehow changed for the better by it......
Now you may just understand if copying & using my work for a private gain is you take away part of who I am..my journey ...my past development ..to find serenity & happiness... 

Besides it all stems from loving this creating.... self taught, unrestrained in some ways ...it works for me...because it is me ???

You see my stories in buttons with some stitching....I am  forever making stories...with drawing ... painting .....with the stitches...the way one lays a fabric over something & stitches it.......
Much of my drawings sit in folders and now some are wandering about....with stitching, with ideas for others to create into their sense of self....I find painting my peaceful spot & stitching I do enjoy but my old whiplash injury absolutely hates it... so now I need to leave that to others.....but my imagination is strong....

So now lets see a little of how this presents itself....LOL

I love the snowfolk huddled together, keeping each other close & warm



This angel tends to the garden....detailed etching around the frame is of flower & 2 leaves..



This deer I love...sort of take it home & love it




These pair when I drew them as a button their story was & still is "I promise you the stars "he says in that dashing red scarf.... & she believed it was possible ...

Puddings.... signify a warm Christmas table with happy families.....we need to sew this into our world



trees keep this beautiful house snug in winter snow....I first drew this some years back now in a series of stitching houses....& one night the house was looted ... 


Snowman hello, happy to see you .....I love snowmen they are happy parts of our imagination in Christmas summers



This house is tall, striking & welcoming... come inside...pudding & foods are ready to serve, the trees inside are decorated...there is laughter... warmth ..... 

No comments: